Monday, March 11, 2013

More New York







 What a day, Brianna, Rob, Kate, Chelsea, Todd, Jayden, Turner, Jordan, Brittany, and I all spent a lovely morning in the city. We all drove in together and rode the subway to what is called the High Line. It used to be a train track, however now it has been converted into a beautiful pedestrian walk way. It winds itself through the streets and buildings of Chelsea.









 Come to find, I had come across this walkway one day while working in the labs. I came across an article and some pictures about the High Line and vowed I would walk it someday.

After walking a few blocks, we found ourselves at Chelsea market and decided to take a look.

 It was a fun little market. Interesting people.

after the market, Rob, Brianna, Kate, and I went to go see the 911 memorial 

they did a beautiful job. 

 We wandered a bit around town, saw a few of my favorites including Tiffany's, giraffes, and...


 One of my best friends Christy Lee Heathcote! 


Even found a restaurant that has the same name my lovely friends call me. .  .




Later we indulged in the wonders of Shake Shack. . . burger fries and peanut butter shake and all


Taking one last look at the wonderful city, we made our way from times square down 5th ave. and back home to Scarsdale 



our last adventures gave us hot dogs with these cute boys, shopping, and a wonderful meatball sandwich before leaving for the airport.


I had such a wonderful time in New York this time around
It was so laid back, and I really felt like I was at home
No homework, no school, no worries

Just fun and family... and food




1 comment:

  1. Love your NY posts!! The pics you got are great! haha Can't believe I just found your blog. Well maybe this will motivate you to post more. :) Miss you!! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete