Saturday, June 9, 2012

Our last trip on a coach. . .
It was a rainy windy day



We went to Blenheim Palace and boy was it Beautiful. Quite a spectacular building full of Baroque and Rococo design. 
We spent the day in Oxford 
It was a fun college town. Very different then what I thought it was going to be

We found the original Ben's Cookies and had to get a few
My new favorite is definitely coconut!  


We had a blue badge tour of oxford and got to see what our tour guide thought was important
Luckily for Kelsey our tour guide liked dinosaurs. 



It was a shame that the wind and rain was so hard. We were all cold and wet- not the best weather to explore. . .



Sadly the weather was so bad that we had to cancel going to Stonehenge 
But we cheered ourselves up with Wagamamas that night


Today I checked off my final to see building
It was the Westminster Cathedral
Since the central line was closed I took the circle which broke down- so I took the district. . .



This Cathedral is in the Victorian Style. . .
Singularly fascinating and extremely unique. I have never seen anything like this!


So, since I had so much fun getting to the Cathedral. . . I decided to walk back to the center. . .

Ha, a lovely 2.5 miles later I had gone through the city, under a triumphal arch, around hyde park, and through Kensington Gardens


I had to get back to meet up with a group who was going on the Mrs. Dalloway walk


I loved it. We got into deep discussions and stream of consciousness. This walk forced us to go where we would not have gone otherwise.                                
       
. . . Plus we walked right by Tiffany's!!!


Since it was such a lovely day, Kate and I decided to ride the London Eye!


It was a lot faster then anyone had told us....


but we had a great time bonding 443 feet in the sky. . . 




. . . surrounded by the city that was our home for two months



 breathtaking


after a whole day without food we went to tuk tuk and dug in


1 comment:

  1. coconut is my favorite too!!! MMMM those are so good. hey guess what? I get to see you in 3 days!!!!!!! xoxo enjoy your last 2 days!

    ReplyDelete