Sunday, May 6, 2012

After a three hour class we had a FREE DAY! 
Waaahooooooo!

So Kate MaCall Kelsey and I went to Portobello road
 I stopped at every antique store and stand- which is a lot because this market is known for antiques. . .
 I was in love with it all and I am defiantly going back soon! Plus we got waffles and listened to some street performers.
And the next day we woke up early to BRIGHTON! HELLO 
What a pleasure palace. Quite good fun to see this in person. I loved how it was like walking back into time. They have kept the place so nice and great for tours. But even more exciting then the Pavilion was the beach and pier of the beach town. 
 This is Kate and I pointing out to "Open Shea" towards our beach in the Outer Banks! (sorta. . .)

 WHile it was a record cold day- colder then Christmas- we all had a great time exploring the beach
 I even got to be amongst my fellow brethren the pirates. . .


We then were back on the bus to visit the town of Canterbury. What a fairy tail that place was. . .
There were little hidden treasures everywhere including the Cathedral. It was such a great example of the Gothic power to raise your eyes up towards heaven. It was an over powering yet spiritual place. We were able to be there for evensong. Surrounded by beauty, both visually and audibly, it was a great end to a great day.

1 comment:

  1. oh i love portobello road! And the beach looks freeeezing. 67 days till the real beach!!!

    ReplyDelete