Friday, May 25, 2012

We started our day with entering the Largest Gothic Cathedral North of the Alps


And my goodness was is Beautiful
The stones were so well carved and well cleaned
Everything was crisp and light


We were then free to wander York

We dared to go farther then we had the day before and what we found made us love York even more

Everyone who lived there knew each other
there were so many little crooked streets streets winding every which way
and there were the most energetic cute pockets and markets all across town

The last stop on our Northern Trip was Fountains Abbey 


This place cannot be photographed or filmed well enough to show what it is like

This truly was one of my most favorite Two hours of my life


I wandered all across the ruins doing what ever I wanted going where ever I wanted
We were free to explore
The ruins gave me the opportunity to not only see how these great buildings were made,
but to get up close and personal with it
while wandering Instead of using "doors" or "entrances"
I used windows, cracks, ledges, and all other sorts of things to get around 

I really got my climb on

This place is better then any playground

(and totally reminded me of Uncharted or Assassins!) 

1 comment:

  1. I could see you running through there with a hood and cape bouncing from pillar to pillar stalking your prey for assassination, just like in that game.

    ReplyDelete